The ASU Knowledge Enterprise provides faculty with free, confidential editing for grant proposals and journal manuscripts.
Proposal editing services
- Editing for logic, clarity, and coherency
- Suggestions for improving organization and flow.
- Proofreading for grammatical issues.
- Checking author responses to reviewers’ comments, if resubmitting.
We anticipate that we are the last stop before submission, and that co-PIs and co-authors have had the opportunity to approve the submitted draft. We appreciate documents in a Word file, and at least a five-day window, but we do our best to accommodate special circumstances.
Journal article editing services
- Editing for logic, clarity, and consistency.
- Improving organization and overall flow.
- Proofreading for accuracy.
- Editing author response to editorial review.
Manuscripts are edited on a rolling basis, as grant proposals take priority. The average turnaround for journals is 15 business days. Graduate students first authoring a journal manuscript should seek editorial help through the Graduate Writing Center.